Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This Is...My favourite children's book




At the moment my favourite children's book is 'The Escape of Marvin the Ape' by Caralyn and Mark Buehner. Discovered by chance this book has become a fave as the story is engaging, it's set in New York (my favourite place) and it has the additional bonus of getting you to spot the black cat and the ostrich in each of the pictures.....plus my son really enjoys it too!

I've also been trying to think of my favourite book from my own childhood and couldn't pin it down to just one. Enid Blyton comes to mind as a constant source of good reads, I was always dipping into her world with the Magic Faraway Tree and the Famous Five, etc. Actually I'm looking forward to my son getting a bit older so that we can visit them all again together.

Thanks again to Three Buttons for This Is and thanks to Potty Mouth Mama for this weeks topic.

No comments: