Sunday, February 1, 2009

Exer-Stash!!


Part of my New Year's resolution was to exercise more, spend less on yarn and generally get healthy and knit more from the stash. I know myself too well though and knew that I would need some more motivation than just telling myself I have to do all these things. That's when I came across a fantastic idea on Ravelry , a group has been started where we've all come up with a reward system for our exercise. My Handsome Husband has agreed to pay me $2 for every kilometer I exercise, whether it's walking, on the exercise bike or following a walking DVD that I have. So far I'm managing to clock up a few kms every couple of days or so and am currently trying to build that up a bit more so that it becomes a regular part of my day. Hopefully I can manage to get to a point where it starts making a difference with my health and outlook and then I can do all the guilt free stash building I want - yippee!!!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Excellent strategy!