Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PURPLE...#2

Last Thursday I mentioned my wedding anniversary and when I was thinking of what to do for my Purple day this week I thought of my flower arrangements. This rather wilted looking bunch was saved from the main table and the picture was taken the next day. The main flower I used were Lisianthus (more commonly known as Texas Rose), they come in a couple of different colours but I love the deep purple ones the best.

When my now husband and I first started seeing each other he asked me what my favourite flowers were and so I told him. That year he sent me the most beautiful bunch of "lizzies" for my birthday which took my breath away.....they were so good. Unfortunately for me a few weeks later he noticed that the florist that he bought them from had closed up shop. So he has used that as an excuse to not buy me flowers ever again, he says that he doesn't want to cause any other florists to go out of business - cheeky man!! So, I look back at my wedding flowers with a special fondness, knowing that I'm unlikely to get another chance to have such a beautiful arrangement again - woe is me ;)

No comments: