Tuesday, March 10, 2009

PURPLE...#6

If ever I want to watch a good movie to have a laugh and a really good cry then 'The Color Purple' works a treat. I remember watching it not long after it was released and really loved Whoopi Goldberg and especially Oprah, I was so impressed with her acting skill. It's such a fantastic story that I've always meant to read the book but have never gotten around to it, maybe I should. I guess I have the idea in the back of my mind that my having seen the movie first would taint the reading of it.

There's one line that my husband and I like to quote from it every now and then too and it's.... 'I's married now!' Cracks us up every time.

1 comment:

Figtree Handspinners & Weavers said...

TCP is one of my favourite books ever, as is almost anything by Alice Walker. My favourite word in the book is 'teefs', taken to mean teeth. Lovely, quaint and naive. The film was great too! See you on the 22nd?