Friday, March 20, 2009

A day, just like any other...



This morning when I got up I was greeted by a calm morning with the lake looking beautifully smooth, almost like glass, so I decided to take a couple of pictures and the idea of this post was born.....a day in my life!

It's been pretty much a normal weekday with me hanging out at home with the Lukester. We had a play this morning, kicking the ball and playing catch as well as some colouring in (mostly on my part!). Then it was off to the shops to grab a few things for dinner and a birthday present for my niece who's 4 on Sunday. An interesting expedition was had with Mr Terrible Two displaying all the annoying traits of a toddler by constant crying for things he couldn't have. So we did what we had to, came straight home and he was put to bed for his daytime sleep.


Ordinarily he'll have a good couple of hours so I can happily potter around the house, and have a nice sit down with my knitting. Today though, it wasn't to be. For some reason he refused to sleep and was banging the wall and throwing his pillow and toys around until I gave in and got him up again. Some more playing and eating then took place and by the time my MIL got home I needed a break. So to kill two birds with one stone I picked up the Purple iPod and headed out the door for a walk down by the lake. I clocked up 3kms too so I've added a few dollars to the Exer-Stash!!


Back home, dinner needed to be made so I set to on a favourite standard meal of Nigella Lawson's Pollo Alla Cacciatora from Nigella Express This one has become such a popular meal that I've now committed it to memory and it's one that I know will be eaten by Mr Terrible Two.



Dinner was enjoyed, the toddler was bathed and is now quietly sleeping in his bed - hooray!! Now I get to sit on the couch, watch some Law & Order and hopefully get to finish the back of the cardigan I'm working on. Hope you enjoy your evening too!

1 comment:

Lupie said...

This too shall pass. In the blink of an eye they are moving out and you wish you had those baby years back. This is coming from an emptynester who is waiting for grandchildren.