Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Actual knitting content


Even though I've been having a lot of fun playing with the camera this past week, there has also been some knitting taking place. Of course I think there would have to be something seriously wrong with me if there was no knitting happening these days! As usual there are quite a few things in progress, two of which you can see here.

The red and black above is a scarf promised to my six year old god daughter in her "favourite colours". I'm just making it up as I go along, working alternating stripes in various sizes. It's almost finished thankfully as I'm not really enjoying the yarn I've chosen, yes I have become a total yarn snob in the past year!


The second picture shows some lovely Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed in Licorice. I've decided to make the Garter Stitch Jacket from Jo Sharp's Knit Issue 6. I was warned before hand that it knits up rather large, but I've gone ahead and started it in the second size up anyway. I'm starting to wonder if that was a wise choice. The back and left front seem ok, but I've started a sleeve and it's looking like it might end up very loose. I'll keep going with it for awhile and see how it looks, I really hate the idea of frogging something and starting again, as I just know that I'll end up leaving it and I don't want to do that.

Finally, I have something blocking that is, for me, very exciting. I hopped on the Ishbel bandwagon and knit this thing up in about a week. It's taken me over a week to get it blocked, but it's drying as I write. I could go on about this one here, but I'm planning on giving it a post all of it's own as I had such a good time with it, and the yarn.......more later, I promise!


3 comments:

kgirlknits said...

Ishbel is GORGEOUS!

Rose Red said...

aren't beautiful quick knits the best!

I've found Jo Sharp patterns to be overly generous, so do keep an eye on it if you want it to fit!

Bells said...

oh look at your ishbel! Wow. I just love it. Well done. So very pretty!