Friday, June 5, 2009

New York, New York

I long to return to New York. For as long as I can remember it has been my dream place, the place I want to go to live, to change my life. I think about it often, visit blogs dedicated to it, and frequently take a peek via the Times Square web camera.

I was fortunate enough to be able to go there with my Handsome Husband for the first leg of our honeymoon. Seven or eight days jam packed with visiting galleries, museums, major tourist spots and quite a few afternoon naps on the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on due to jet lag. We tried to cram so much in that it was almost overwhelming.

Next time I go (notice I say next time and not "IF"!!!!!) I will try to take it a bit easier, soak in the atmosphere a bit more, take things more as they come, and of course visit some yarn shops (he he). That's not to say we were completely touristy, we did hang out at a few good bookstores, cafes and resturants and by the end of the week we knew our way around the subway, almost like locals. But, I need more!

Quite often I get such a strong yearning that it's more of a consuming thought in my life, I watch more tv shows and movies and read more books that are set in New York, I look at the blogs a little more longingly, and wonder, how long it will be before I can get back there. Then I get sad...How LONG will it be before I can get back there?????? I'd better start buying those lottery tickets, that's how long.


1 comment:

Rose Red said...

I loved New York too - but next time (yes, Next Time, not "if"!) we go we are going to go in late spring or summer (their time) - not winter!