Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More 5pm


I've been taking pictures....pictures at 5pm! For a week I got the camera out every day at the same time to have a bit of a play around with light and shapes. A couple of days were out in the back yard and there were a few shots that are fairly good, but as you can see here it was the trips to the beach that yielded the best pictures.

There are just so many things to choose from when you're at the beach that I've managed to get quite a few shots that I'm really quite proud of. The weather, the light, the sea, people, creatures, clouds...the list goes on. Although there are all those variables, it seems that the choice of 5pm is a little limiting at this time of year, well it is for my imagination and creativity so far any way. I've been going at it with no real plan other than to try and get good photos and I'm starting to think that it needs to be fleshed out with a little more structure.

I still think I'll give it a bit more of a chance and will try to vary the locations and subject matter a little more just to see where that will lead me. It can't be too regimented otherwise I think it will start to show and I won't be getting anything worth keeping (or showing off!!). It's funny how quickly my perception of things has changed. I'm starting to look at everything in a new way, opening my eyes again to the things around me, which just goes to show that I've managed to cement myself into a bit of a niche, staying at home with a toddler, cooking dinner, so on and so on.

So there you have it, it's been good to get out and have that little time to myself doing something out of the ordinary. Funny how all it takes is a few minutes and some thought!

4 comments:

Queen Knitting Bee said...

Love the pics

Bells said...

oh those are gorgeous! So atmospheric!

Megan said...

Your photos are beautiful! I really enjoyed them.

Fran said...

Love your 5 pm shots!