Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This Is...My favourite band of all time


Oops, I almost forgot this one, and it's such an easy one to answer. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds is my all time most favourite band, has been for nearly twenty years now I reckon (wow, how's that for making me feel old!!). I love his voice, his anger, his poetry, his sadness, his style, his dry Australian humour....everything. I also got very excited when looking at the tv guide for this week to see that SBS are showing a documentary this coming Saturday on one of his albums. I'd be hard pressed to pick one as an absolute favourite as there are so many but the ones on high rotation are 'Henry's Dream', 'The Good Son' and at the moment 'Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!'. As for concerts, I have attended many and have never been disappointed, they are a truly professional band with an impeccable ability together. I could go on gushing for ages but I will leave it here with thanks to CurlyPops for this week's 'This Is..' and for helping me remember that I do have a favourite band and did once have the time for listening to music other than that by 'The Wiggles'.

No comments: