Friday, October 2, 2009

Holding myself accountable.


Ok, well I wasn't sure if I would go ahead with this post, but I figure it may be the only way to get myself motivated enough to do something.

For months now I've felt the need to lose some weight, this staying at home with the toddler is not all that good for my health seeing as I snack, a lot. I have at least 15 kilos that I need to shed so that I feel better about myself again, and so that I can actually fit into my clothes comfortably.

Now I know it's not going to happen overnight, but I figure if I announce it here for people to see that I'll actually have to get started on doing something about it rather than just read the magazines! That way, by the end of Blogtoberfest, I can hopefully demonstrate some change in my habits and be well on the way to reaching my goal. The fact that I have a wedding to go to in November and family to visit at Christmas time should also be motivating factors.

So fingers crossed, starting tomorrow I will consciously make an effort to make a change for the better and will report back here at the end of the month as to my progress.

(Sorry about the reversed picture too, but that's the best I could get with my built in camera on the computer).

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

good luck! The blog is good for keeping you honest, isn't it!

Bells said...

i'm on the same journey (minus the toddler). 6.5kg in and I'm feeling like maybe I can lose those 15 or so kg I want to lose. Here's to us!

trash said...

good luck!

Linda said...

Do you have access to paytv? I love watching supersize vs superskinny. Love also the 30 Day Throw Down blog.