Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Discovery

Just recently I've noticed that a lot of advertising on television is using a new technique that seems to convert actual footage to make it look like it's made of miniatures or models. Each time I see these ads I wonder how they do it as it looks amazing. So yesterday, when I was having a bit of a look around various blogs again you could imagine my interest when I saw someone had a photo that uses the same technique, and that she linked to the site where you can try it out for yourself!!

A life of a photographoe has a beautiful looking blog, with some wonderful pictures that she's taken. I originally came across her blog through Ravelry and only periodically check in to see what she's come up with, so yesterday I thought I'd have a bit more of a look around at some of her older posts, hence the discovery....the Tilt Shift Maker. You upload your photo and can edit it in such a way that it turns out looking like a miniature world.

Here's my first experiment;

The picture is of the Painted Ladies in San Francisco when Rob and I were there on our honeymoon and while I like the effect I think it could use a little more tweaking to make it look really good. I've also got a couple of ideas stored up in my little head to try a few other things so you never know, you may see some more tilt shift work from me!

PS You can also click on the picture to get a look at it bigger if you like!