Friday, October 9, 2009

There's nothing like a new project!


Ahh, that feels better! A new project on the needles is so satisfying for some reason, the thrill of the new, the challenge.
The call of the shawl has been very strong to me again so I've cast on Clothilde by Kristen Hanley Cardozo. I've been looking at starting this one for awhile now and was originally going to use some Malabrigo Sock for it but I've gone with some Fifty Fifty by Knitabulous.
So far the yarn is really nice to work with but I'm not completely sold on the colour. I really liked it in the skein but now it's being knit up I think it's a bit bland or something . I'm going to give it more of a try and see how it goes, I'm sure it will be fine.

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

I love the silvery grey colour - I think you will be very happy with it when it's done! Looks great so far!!

Melissa said...

It looks great. The photo makes the colours look wonderful.

Bells said...

i long to make that one. Gorgeous beginning!

74 Lime Lane said...

My first thought was "gee that's a lovely colour"! It looks lovely!