Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some knitting.


My knitting project at the moment is a little on the tame side, loads and loads of stocking stitch, but at the same time it's quite soothing, and the yarn is just beautiful. I'm making Featherweight Cargidan by Hannah Fettig and am using the yarn called for, Malabrigo Yarn Lace. This yarn is the softest, lightest and finest yarn I have ever worked with and so far I'm loving it. I just keep laying the piece down on my lap so I can touch it, and have been known to rub it against my cheek from time to time too!

I'm starting to reach that point though where my mind starts to wander off to other project ideas, what else can I do, what yarn can I use........yes, castonitis is trying its influence yet again. So far I've been strong, mostly I think because I can't yet decide which new project I want to cast on, there are so many calling to me. Luckily there isn't just one with the loudest "Pick Me" call yet, so Featherweight is safe with my affections, for now!

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oh Malabrigo lace is just divine! I haven't knit with it but I've felt it knitted up - yum! Really must get some for myself one day! It will be a lovely cardigan.

Bells said...

oh I want to make this. Great yarn choice!

I love to do that too - just put a piece down and admire it throughout knitting it.