Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays.

Yesterday I was having a bit of a look through some of the Blogtoberfest participant's webpages and came across the bookend. She mentions finding this meme by MizB from Should Be Reading where you open up a random page of the book you're reading and share a two sentence teaser from the page. So here goes;

My teaser comes from 'Three to Get Deadly' by Janet Evanovich;

He made polite conversation with my mother and grandmother and discussed sports scores with my father. On the surface Morelli seemed relaxed and smiling, but there were unguarded moments when I caught him watching me with the offhand intensity of a tree toad eyeing a tasty insect. (p.106)

This book is the third in a series of fifteen, at last count, about Stephanie Plum who ends up working for her cousin as a bounty hunter. It's been a long while since I've found any books that make me laugh out loud but these ones do the trick. Stephanie comes out with some fantastic observations, like the one in the quote, and her grandmother is a great source of amusement.

If you haven't tried any of these books and you like a bit of a mystery as well as a laugh, then I definitely recommend giving them a try. Let me know how you go.

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

I love the Stephanie Plum books! Nice, easy, light and funny!! (ooh, and a bit sexy with that Joe and Ranger!!)

Anonymous said...

I love the Stephanie Plum books! Welcome to Teaser Tuesday :)

Here's my Teaser.