Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Project monogamy.

There is something to be said for working on one project at a time. Seventeen days ago my cardigan looked like this

Now, it's almost finished! I have about half a sleeve and the button bands and neck to do. Usually I would have gotten totally bored with all of the stocking stitch and let it sit for ages like I did with my first cardigan. After the Tour de France efforts though on my Garter Yoke Cardigan I've learned that spending time on one project goes a long way to getting it finished and being used much faster - who would have thought such a thing was possible!

This last couple of days though I have been furiously trying to resist the dreaded CastOnItis! I have a list of shawls as long as my arm that I want to get started on and having a skein wound ready to go isn't helping. BUT, I am determined to finish this cardigan first, in fact I should go and finish that sleeve now.

Must.Resist.Casting.On.New.Project.

3 comments:

Bells said...

oh the shawls. The call of the shawls. I know.

But yes, monogamy works SO well. As you can see. Well done!

2paw said...

Love your cardigan and your dedication. I struggle with finishing off, I just love starting things!!! Pretty fabulous effort!!

Rose Red said...

You can do it - you are so close to finishing! One last burst and it will be done and then you'll have no guilt about casting on a whole bunch of new projects!!