Monday, October 26, 2009

Laceweight.

Since I started knitting lace earlier this year with Ishbel and the Adamas Shawl I've been getting closer and closer to trying knitting lace in actual laceweight yarn. It hasn't happened yet, but I am using the laceweight for the Featherweight cardigan at the moment and really, it's not that scary.

Seeing as Bells is talking of doing the Summer of Lace again this year I thought I would join in and have been trying to decide which pattern I'm going to do. I think I've worked it out and am considering using some beautiful cashmere that's waiting in the stash to make Miriam L Felton's Hidcote Garden Shawl (Ravelry link).

Then again, I could end up making something completely different, we'll have to wait and see what I come up with, sometimes I surprise myself!

2 comments:

Bells said...

i think the first foray into lace with laceweight is a big, fun step. I chose to do it with something plain, a pi shawl, jsut to get used to it. But jump right in. Do it!

Bells said...

Also, when i did do a proper lace shawl, I did the same yarn and the same designer (Adamas!)